69. Why 90 Day Goals Help You Reach Your Long Term Goals Faster
The biggest mistake you can make in reaching your goals is . . .
Changing the goal instead of the action plan to reach it. So many times I have been guilty of this. If at first, you don’t succeed, change the goal. NO! DON’T! I promise it’s not the promised land! Instead, rethink how you are going to go about reaching that goal.
In this week’s episode, I give you the solution to meet all of your goals in 2020 and maybe even a few you left behind in 2019. I give you the entire scoop over here.
But in case you’re trying to skinny up for the New Year – here’s the drive-by:
1. 90 Day goals are just the right amount of time. Not too short, not too long – a lot like our favorite childhood character Goldilocks. 90-day goals are long enough for you to see some traction and measure success, but not so long that you lose focus and give up. They are easier to get started and chunk out your bigger goals into bite-sized pieces so you can reach the bigger goals faster.
2. 90 Day goals make it easier to pivot and change direction. You’re cruising along the goal highway when all of a sudden out of nowhere, you’re thrown a curveball. A change in direction. You should definitely just stop what you’re doing and give up! NOT! But, you may have to pivot. Does that always make you think of this:
yeah, me too. When you know you can pivot at any time and you are taking action so you know it’s time to make a change, you can eliminate overwhelm, kick fear in the Pantalones, map out a specific direction and see if you need to do one thing before another. Pivoting is actually pretty darn coolio.
3. 90 Day goals also give you your life back. You can more easily plan your life into your business instead of the other way around. Say what? I can have my own business and a life. YES! YOU! CAN! and you should. You should plan vacations and holidays and time off. For the love of Pete, you got into this entrepreneurship gig to have some freedom. Am I right? (I already know I am, so just nod and wave and keep moving through the list!)
4. 90 Day goals help you plan your product promotions and launches with ease. When you have a plan, it’s easier to add in new actions, products and promote your current stuff when times are slow or there is a major holiday coming up. And, it keeps you on top of the ball when everyone else is standing on it trying to balance like a circus clown. You will be cool as a cucumber because you have 90-day goals.
5. 90 Day goals help you determine how important a goal is. We evolve as our business evolves. We see new directions we want to pursue and sometimes the goals we set in January are no longer pertinent in August. (yep it can happen that fast.) I had this experience this year when I looked back on my goals in January and said – say what, you wanted that? Why? You see I went in a different direction and was focused on the now, the little steps for each day, month, week and quarter. I met more goals, and was happier with the results. Who can relate?
6. 90 Day goals help you stay aligned with your passion and your purpose. Ok, can we be real here for a minute? In the past (somewhat recent) I have been known to set goals because other people were setting those goals and well, I’m more than a little competitive. Don’t believe me, let’s play Monopoly sometime. Well, how likely do you think it is that I stuck with those goals? Yeah, not at all. Because they didn’t feed anything but my competitive nature, so they petered out. It’s ok to have your own goals and want different things. (Not that you need my permission, but sometimes you just need to hear these things.) Learn all about how 90-day goals keep you focused and connected here.
7. 90 Day goals make it easier for you to define your strengths and what you may need to let go of. As entrepreneurs, we all think we are superheroes. We try to do almost everything ourselves, but in reality, NO ONE can be good at everything. In fact, the people I see making the biggest strides are doing less and less. 90-day goals help you become aware of what is eating up your time and keeping you from your larger goals. When you realize where your time is spent, if it’s not being spent where you soar, it’s time to make some changes.
The biggest 90-day goal lesson:
Smaller steps will lead you to achieve bigger results simply because you are consistently taking action.
Which goals are you aiming for in 2020? How about Q1 of 2020? Come and tell me about it over on the facebook page here. Until next week, be well.
What did you think about this episode?
Come share your results on the Facebook Page and let me know if you learned something new.
Listen to the entire episode here:
Love this episode? We would love a Review! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any episodes!